As a preventative measure to minimize the possible spread of COVID-19, the Okotoks Public Library will be closed effective Monday, March 16th. Our Holds Pick-Up Service is cancelled, effective March 17, 2020. Please see our closure statement for more information or review the FAQs below:
1. Can I return my books even though you are closed?
While we recommend holding onto your items, you can return library items in our 24-hour exterior book drop. If you have special items like book club kits, ukuleles, snowshoes, retro gaming consoles, etc. we ask that you keep them until the library re-opens.
2. Will I incur overdue fines while you are closed?
Due dates for all checked out material has been extended until May 15, 2020. If any overdue fines are incurred during our closure they will be waived when we resume regular library operations.
3. What will happen to my holds that are available for pick up?
Your holds will remain on our shelves until we resume regular library operations.
4. Can I still use your online resources if you are closed?
Yes, our online resources are available 24/7, even during this closure. You can learn more about the various e-resources you can access with your library card here.
5. What if I want to use the online resources but my membership has expired?
Library accounts that have already expired or were expiring in March and April only have been extended until May 1, 2020. If your account does not fall under these parameters please click here to complete a renewal application form to renew your membership for FREE until June 30, 2020.
6. How do I use your online resources if I do not have a library membership?
Library Management and Board Trustees have made the decision to offer FREE memberships that are valid until June 30 2020. Click here to fill out an online application form. Please note that it can take up to 48 hours to process your application form.
7. I want to use the online resources but my account is blocked due to overdue fines. What can I do?
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accept fine payments online or over the phone.
8. I was registered for a program that was supposed to run during your closure. Will this program be re-scheduled?
We have been in contact with all program partners to notify them of our closure and offered an opportunity to re-schedule programs. If a program is re-scheduled you will be notified via email using the email address you registered with.