Please review the FAQs below:
1. When is the library closing?
As per the new restrictions put in place by the Alberta Government the Okotoks Library will close on Wednesday, April 7th until further notice. The library will continue to offer curbside pickup and will continue our regular operating hours:
- Monday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Access & Service details:
- The building is closed to the public as per Alberta Government restrictions.
- The public washrooms in the foyer will NOT be available to the public.
Health & Safety:
- Do not utilize our curbside pickup service if you currently or recently have had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell. Please send a friend or family member instead.
- Please keep your hands clean and use the provided hand sanitizer on the table at the front door.
- For the safety of our staff please wear a mask when using our curbside pickup service and stay 6 feet apart.
Borrowing and Returns:
- We continue to receive inter-library delivery. Please note delivery times are slower than normal.
- Request your materials in advance either by placing holds or calling ahead and staff will retrieve them for you. If you place a hold on an item, please wait for notification from us that your item is available before arranging a curbside pickup.
- Our exterior bookdrop will be open 24/7 to accept returns. Oversized items (snowshoes, ukuleles, etc.) can be returned directly to library staff during our operating hours.
- All materials returned to the library will be quarantined for 3 days before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during this 3-day quarantine period will be waived. Any other applicable overdue fines will be applied.
Computers and Photocopying:
- Curbside printing is available. Please call library staff at 403-938-2220 for more information.
- Printing is $0.20/page for black & white, $0.50/page for colour.
- Face masks will be worn by all staff at all times, including during curbside pickup.
- In-person programming is temporarily suspended. Visit our Programming & Events page or follow Okotoks Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn about upcoming virtual events.
- Book donations are not accepted at this time.
- Book sale items are unavailable until further notice. Pop-up book sales may happen (weather dependent). Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for details.
2. Can I return my library items?
All library items must be returned in our 24-hour exterior book drop. Overdue fines will incur on items that are returned late. All items will be quarantined for 3 days before they are removed from your account as per Alberta Health Services guidelines. No overdue fines will be incurred during this 3-day quarantine period. You may still receive notifications from TRAC about your items while they are being quarantined.
Oversize items like book club kits, ukuleles, snowshoes, retro gaming consoles, etc. can be returned directly to library staff during regular operating hours.
3. What has happened to my holds that are available for pick up?
Holds will be held for 10 days. They can picked up by arranging a curbside pickup during operating hours by calling the library at 403-938-2220.
4. Can I purchase a new annual library membership or renew an expired one online?
Yes, we now offer online new and renewal library memberships. Click here for more information and begin the application process. Please call library staff at 403-938-2220 for more information.
5. What if I have additional questions or need help?
Library staff are available to answer your questions during operating hours. Please call us at 403-938-2220.