Please review the FAQs below:
1. When is the library re-opening?
We are happy to announce that the library will re-open on Monday, July 20, 2020.
Here are our reduced hours of operation:
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturdays & Sundays, CLOSED
Access & Service details:
- The number of patrons allowed the building at one time will be limited. Please be patient.
- We encourage patrons to do their best to limit their time in the library to 15 minutes and to wear masks while in the library.
- Please follow directional arrows in each aisle for browsing and maintain proper social distancing between you and other library users.
- Tables and chairs will not be available at this time.
- You will find hand sanitizer stations located throughout the library.
- Public washrooms in foyer will be available.
- No cash payments will be accepted. Only debit and credit card.
Borrowing and Returns:
- Request your materials in advance either by placing holds or calling ahead and staff will retrieve them for you. If you place a hold on an item, please wait for notification from us that your item is available for pick-up before coming in.
- No online searching via OPACs. Please talk to staff for assistance in locating items.
- Baskets for browsed materials not being checked out will be available throughout library.
- All materials returned to the library will be quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during this time will be waived until further notice.
Computers and Photocopying:
- Patrons will be asked to use hand sanitizer before using the computers. Please bring one if you have it
- Only 2 computers will be available for public use.
- Time on computers will be limited to 30 minutes.
- No one-on-one computer support will be offered.
- Limited photocopying and scanning services will be available.
- No cash payments will be accepted for printing or photocopying. Only debit and credit card.
- Face masks are encouraged to be worn by all staff if they are outside the staff only areas.
- Circulation desk is equipped with plexiglass barriers to safely separate staff and patrons.
- Visit our Programming & Events page or follow Okotoks Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn about upcoming events.
- Donations are not accepted at this time.
- Book sale items are unavailable until further notice.
- A date has not been determined when volunteers can resume their duties.
2. Can I return my library items?
All library items must be returned in our 24-hour exterior book drop. Our interior book drop is closed until further notice. All items will be quarantined for 96 hours before they are removed from your account as per Alberta Health Services guidelines. No overdue fines will be incurred during this quarantine period. Oversize items like book club kits, ukuleles, snowshoes, retro gaming consoles, etc. can be returned to library staff at the front entrance.
3. What has happened to my holds that are available for pick up?
All holds that arrived prior to our closure on March 16th and have not been picked up after July 31 will be returned to their lending location. Holds can be picked up in person during open hours or you can use our Curbside Hold Pickup service. This service will be available on select dates and times by appointment. To book your pickup time click here.
4. Can I purchase a new annual library membership or renew an expired one online?
Yes, we now offer online new and renewal library memberships. Click here for more information and begin the application process.
5. I was registered for a program that was supposed to run during your closure. Will this program be re-scheduled?
All in-person programming is cancelled until further notice. If a program that had been cancelled due to our closure is re-scheduled you will be notified via email using the email address you originally registered with.
6. Can I book a meeting room/library tour/exam proctoring appointment?
All meeting room bookings, library tours and exam proctoring services have been cancelled until further notice.
7. What if I have additional questions or need help?
Library staff are available to answer your questions during open hours. Please call us at 403-938-2220.