UPDATE: As per the Alberta Government's Open for Summer Plan, Stage 3 re-opening, all restrictions are lifted.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
- All patrons are recommended to maintain 6 feet distance from one another.
- The public washrooms in the foyer will be available to the public.
- Limited individual study tables will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Health & Safety:
- Do not enter the building if you currently or recently have had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Please keep your hands clean and use the provided hand sanitizer.
Borrowing and Returns:
- We continue to receive inter-library delivery.
- Our exterior bookdrop will be open 24/7 to accept returns. Oversized items (snowshoes, ukuleles, etc.) can be returned directly to library staff during our open hours.
Computers and Photocopying:
- Limited public computers, photocopying and scanning services will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In-person programming is temporarily suspended. Visit our Programming & Events page or follow Okotoks Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to learn about upcoming virtual events.
- Book donations are not accepted at this time.
- Book sale items may be available at intermittent times. Curbside Pop-up book sales may happen (weather dependent). Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram for details.
- Exam proctoring services are available by appointment only. Click here to learn more.
- Meeting Room bookings are not available.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I park when visiting the library?
The library parking lot is permanently closed due to on-going construction with the Okotoks Arts & Learning Campus. Temporary parking is located in the parking lot on the former Creamery site between the residential lot and the United Church on Riverside Dr. Please look for directional signage.
2. Can I return my library items?
All library items must be returned in our 24-hour exterior book drop. Overdue fines will incur on items that are returned late.
Oversize items like book club kits, ukuleles, snowshoes, retro gaming consoles, etc. can be returned directly to library staff during regular open hours.
3. What has happened to my holds that are available for pick up?
Holds will be held for 10 days. Curbside pickup will still be offered during operating hours by calling the library at 403-938-2220.
4. Can I purchase a new annual library membership or renew an expired one online?
Yes, we now offer online new and renewal library memberships. Click here for more information and begin the application process. Please call library staff at 403-938-2220 for more information.
5. What if I have additional questions or need help?
Library staff are available to answer your questions during operating hours. Please call us at 403-938-2220.