Donations of Library Materials (Books, DVDs, etc.)
*Effective Thursday, October 21, 2021 the library will only accept one box of donations per household*
- materials in very good-to-excellent condition
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- materials in poor condition (yellowed pages, water damage, scratched discs, etc.)
- materials that are more than 5 years old
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- VHS videotapes
Donated materials may be added to our collection, given to other libraries or sold in our book sale.
Tax receipts may be available for new materials (with proof of purchase) upon discretion of library staff.
Donations of Money
- Income tax deductible receipts issued upon request for amounts $20 or more.
- Individual and group donations are acknowledged by the Library Director and/or Library Board Chair
- Next of kin to be notified of names of persons making "in memory of" donations
Donations from Recycling Proceeds
- You can donate your refunds from Recyclables to the Okotoks Public Library Expansion Fund at the Okotoks Bottle Depot located at 211 Stockton Ave.
Cobs Bread’s Dough-Raiser Program
Donate 10% of the value of your purchase at the Cobs Bread Okotoks location. Please quote the assigned Dough Raiser #10546 when making a purchase in order to be assured that the library is properly credited.
Donations of Equipment, Furnishings, Art, etc.
- The Library Director, in consultation with the Board, reserves the right to reject donations that are not suitable and remove and dispose of donated items when they become obsolete.